This morning we left for Colombo via car and driver. The cost was US$45 which I though was quite high but there was no easier way. We have 2 very heavy backpacking backpacks and some hand carry luggage as well. Hikkaduwa is not on the express train route nor near the highway ramp. We are driving north on Galle Road so you can still capture in the rays of the sun coming off the Indian Ocean. You also get to dodge the cattle and tuk tuk drivers as well. This is also the longest route at 2 hours.
I am very much looking forward to being back in Colombo to meet more members of my 1993 graduating class. This is also an opportunity for me to talk to bookstores about selling my book. I also have an appointment with a literature translator who is interested in translating my book to Sinhala and an editor-in-chief who wants to offer me my own column. Welcome back to Colombo!
- Day 4 in Paradise (bookonsrilanka.wordpress.com)
- Hikkaduwa (bookonsrilanka.wordpress.com)
- Nothing but chilling – Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka (travelpod.com)
- Back in Sri Lanka Day 2 and Day 3 (bookonsrilanka.wordpress.com)
- Beach bumming in Sri Lanka (adventuresacrossasia.wordpress.com)